What is canyoning? You slowly go down the canyon while the sound of the river amplifies, so after a ten-minute walk you find yourself deep in the canyon carved by Cetina river. You walk through the river and rapids, pass through subterranean tunnels, swim in natural river basins, bypass waterfalls and lakes…That is canyoning experience!
Cetina river has been flowing for thousands of years and thus creating mystical shapes in its bed. The crystal clear water, river suitable for swimming offers a true experience of untouched nature with its cliffs up to 180 meters high, waterfalls, lakes, subterranean tunnels and 50 meters high waterfall Gubavica.
The guide will give you life-jacket, helmet, neoprene pants and shirt, and the small expedition is ready to set off. The sound of the river becomes louder as you go down the canyon. Ten minutes later you will find yourself in the middle of the Cetina canyon.
Walking through the river and the rapids, going through the subterranean tunnels, swimming in natural pools, going around waterfalls and lakes – all of this is canyoning.
Meeting point:Zadvarje, at the INA petrol station which is situated on your right side when entering the village. The best way to get there is getting the highway A1 and exit in Šestanovac and then drive aprox. 6 km
Departure time: Please arrive by 9:45 AM for a prompt departure at 10:00 AM.
Return time: Approximately 2:00 PM.
Schedule: from April to October
9.45 AM – 10.00 AM: Training
The meeting point is in one small town Zadvarje in the canyon of Cetina. There will be two instructors in the group, and they will provide all the information about canyoning and give You the appropriate equipment such as neoprene suit, life jacket and helmet. If you don’t have sporty shoes, You can rent them at the same place.
10.00 AM – 2.00 PM: Canyoning
Then we are going into the canyon where our adventure officially begins. One instructor is going in front of the group and shows You how it’s done, and the second one is following the group and checks if all the participants are doing it correctly.
2.00 PM: Finish
- From start to finish: 2.300 metres
- Cliff-jumping, swimming, climbing and walking
- Full equipment
- Professional assistance
- If you need transfer fro Trogir to meeting point please contact us
- Distance from start to finish: 2.300 metres
- Altitude distance from start (in the canyon) to finish: 73 metres
- River temperature: Between 15°C and 19°C. It depends on the season.
- Water diving: You can dive in the water only in the places allowed by the guide. Usually, there are four dives, but they are not obligatory because there are easy bypasses.
- Swimming: There is no place for white water swimming in canyon of river Cetina.
- Absailing: Cetina Canyoning trip doesn’t include rope lowering and using alpine equipment. Rope lowering is part of the extreme canyoning trip.
- Canyoning equipment: helmet, life-jacket and long neoprene suit
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Device (PFD) and Helmet at all times while on the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff speaks Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary
- Age: Minimum age 8 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers (to wear in the river), swimming suit, a towel.
- Onsite Facilities: Toilets are available in the Zadvarje village. There are no toilet facilities available during the canyoning trip. Customers are advised to use the toilet facilities at their accommodation or in the village.